- Eating lunch at a truck stop restaurant and imagine yourself on vacation. I went to work very refreshed.
- Listening to soothing instrumental music while at lunch.
- Sitting in the sun on a cool fall afternoon.
- Seeing a blog that brought me encouragement.
- A new car fragrance hanging from my mirror.
- Meeting my new neighbors while handing out Halloween candy.
What makes your heart sing?
What gives you a smile? Take note of all the things that happen during the day that make you smile, that make you breathe a refreshing sigh or think “that was wonderful”. These are the things that make life worth living.
What brings you refreshment? That big long sigh that says, “Now, I can sit down and ______________” (relax, read, drink some lemonade, etc. you fill in the blank). Savor those moments. Reflect upon them later in the day and know when life gets hard, those moments will come again eventually.This is Terri Byars, encouraging you to Savor the moments.